It was a record breaking night at Anfield, as Liverpool progressed to the Champions League knockout stages for the first time since 2009.
- The first hat-trick scored for Liverpool by a Brazilian
- LFC’s first European hat-trick since Steven Gerrard vs. Napoli in 2010
- First Champions League hat-trick since Yossi Benayoun vs. Besiktas in 2007
- Reds’ last hat-trick in any competition was Divock Origi vs. Southampton in 2015
- The last player to score three at Anfield was Luis Suarez (four) against Norwich in 2013
Reds’ biggest win since…
- At home: 6-1 vs. Watford last season
- In Champions League: 8-0 vs. Besiktas in 2007
Fab Four on fire
It was the first time all of the front four – Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Salah – had all scored in the same game.
Liverpool are the only club to score at least 7 goals in a game 3 times in the Champions League and the only one to do it twice in one season.
Beating the Mancs’ record
The 23 goals scored in the group stage is a new record for an English team. The previous highest was the 20 goals scored by Man United in 1998/99 season.
And this beauty!
Liverpool have scored 23 goals in the Champions League this season. They only scored 18 in 2004-05, when they won it.