It was a record breaking night at Anfield, as Liverpool progressed to the Champions League knockout stages for the first time since 2009.
- The first hat-trick scored for Liverpool by a Brazilian
- LFC’s first European hat-trick since Steven Gerrard vs. Napoli in 2010
- First Champions League hat-trick since Yossi Benayoun vs. Besiktas in 2007
- Reds’ last hat-trick in any competition was Divock Origi vs. Southampton in 2015
- The last player to score three at Anfield was Luis Suarez (four) against Norwich in 2013
Reds’ biggest win since…
Fab Four on fire
It was the first time all of the front four – Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Salah – had all scored in the same game.
Liverpool are the only club to score at least 7 goals in a game 3 times in the Champions League and the only one to do it twice in one season.
Beating the Mancs’ record
The 23 goals scored in the group stage is a new record for an English team. The previous highest was the 20 goals scored by Man United in 1998/99 season.
And this beauty!
Liverpool have scored 23 goals in the Champions League this season. They only scored 18 in 2004-05, when they won it.