PSG want Salah if Mbappe leaves
The passion in Salah’s celebration at Old Trafford, wearing the captain’s armband no less, felt somewhat significant.
But according to ESPN, Salah is on a shortlist of players that PSG are considering if Kylian Mbappe departs the club this summer.
PSG are said to be “hoping he would be open to a new chapter in his career,” though the price quoted is ridiculous.
ESPN claim that it is “unlikely that the Reds will consider anything less than €80m for him,” despite the fact that the equivalent of £68.9 million would not even be enough to buy his right leg.
Leipzig give Konate deadline
Konate is available for around £34 million due to a release clause in his contract, but despite Dayot Upamecano already having been announced to be joining Bayern Munich in a similar deal, there has been no such confirmation yet.
According to German publication Kicker, Leipzig have told Konate to inform them of his plans by the end of the month.
This is due to the Bundesliga side being eager to agree a new contract with the French centre-back, which would increase his wages and remove the release clause.
It has been similarly reported that Liverpool must activate Ozan Kabak‘s £18 million purchase option before the end of May if they wish to do so – it could be a busy fortnight ahead for Michael Edwards!
The legends save Melwood
- Jamie Carragher and Robbie Fowler have launched a new football academy at Melwood
- Salah’s 124th goal, on his 200th appearance, saw him eclipse Ian Rush’s record
- And Jurgen Klopp has again played down headlines of a rift with Sadio Mane
Quickfire LFC news
- The U23s have organised a post-season friendly with AFC Wimbledon on May 18 (LFC)
- Gini Wijnaldum‘s agent has been accused of planting false rumours of a deal with Bayern (FCB Inside)
Around the Premier League
- Steve Bruce has somehow been named Manager of the Month! (Premier League)
Stupid rumour of the day
Let him prove it at Anfield first, perhaps!
Tweet of the day
Typical Andy Robbo!