Tuesday brought us news of the officials for our big clash this weekend, as well as an insightful interview with one of our midfielders.
Man City referee confirmed
The Reds have won 13 of the 15 games the official has taken charge of dating back to 2018, losing just two.
Liverpool are on a run of six straight wins with Kavanagh in the middle, but he has never refereed a game between us and either of the two Manchester clubs.
He is, of course, from the Greater Manchester region. But aren’t all referees these days?
Liam Gallagher is set to act as fourth official, but that is yet to have been confirmed by the Premier League. Seriously though, Stuart Attwell is the VAR.
3 things today: Trent’s position & teenager blow
- Trent Alexander-Arnold produced another “excellent” performance in England’s midfield against North Macedonia, read our debate on his position here
- Reported teenage target Assan Ouedraogo has suffered a torn syndesmosis ligament and is expected to be out until next year
- Tyler Morton has taken a cheeky swipe as Evertonians as he looks ahead to stepping out at Goodison Park with England U21s
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Everton fans are set to fly a plane over our game with Man City, as well using a number of other methods to protest against being punished for being guilty
- Curtis Jones has revealed the “harsh truths” Steven Gerrard gave him that have helped him on his journey to becoming a senior player at Anfield
Video of the day and match of the night
We mentioned him earlier, but you can catch the full episode with Jones on the We Are Liverpool podcast here:
Fear not, the real football will be back soon!