Inacio rumours return
With plenty of Liverpool fixtures to keep us occupied, there has been little time for transfer rumours. However, we can expect those to ramp up significantly in the next few days.
One of the latest men linked is Goncalo Inacio. You may recognise his name as, reports have connected Liverpool with the Sporting Lisbon defender before.
This time, Portuguese daily newspaper Jornal de Noticias, are the ones linking him. Reporter Luis Antunes wrote that Inacio is ‘surrounded by Liverpool’ and is ‘on Liverpool’s radar’.
However, there is reportedly a “€60 million (release) clause” – that’s about £52m, if we are taking the words literally.
3 things today
- Ex-referee Mark Clattenburg ‘doesn’t agree’ that Cody Gakpo‘s goal should have been ruled out vs. Burnley – that’s for anyone who has the energy for VAR chat over Christmas
- Vincent Kompany believes Liverpool are “getting back to the levels” of Klopp’s first great team – high praise from the former Man City captain
- Liverpool have “made contact” with Fulham about left-back Antonee Robinson, 90min understands – not the most reliable of sources
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Klopp revealed Liverpool’s players have two days off, Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28, after beating Burnley – well deserved, too!
- Gakpo isn’t too worried about missing Mo Salah‘s goals when he goes to AFCON – read what he had to say here
- Virgil van Dijk has picked Alisson alongside Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo Nazario and himself, for his ultimate 5-a-side team!
Latest chat from elsewhere
- Ange Postecoglou has said Tottenham defender Cristian Romero will be out “probably four or five weeks” with a hamstring strain
- Attacking midfielder and left winger Eljif Elmas is to join RB Leipzig from Napoli. It offers further indication that Fabio Carvalho will return from his loan in January – as This Is Anfield already understood
- Salford City have sacked manager Neil Wood, their sixth boss in the last five years – the ‘Class of 92’ clearly didn’t learn much from Alex Ferguson then
Video of the day and match of the night
You may not have caught this video as it went up on Christmas Day – a real tear-jerker from Liverpool.