- Didier Drogba hails battling “true leader” Carra
- Jamie Carragher: The Heart and Soul of Liverpool Football Club
- Paying Homage: How to Save Money on Kit
- Carragher on Barnes, Benitez and his one regret
- “We all dream of a team of Carraghers” – Tribute to a Liverpool Legend
- The old man and Liverpool’s backs against the wall mentality
LFC midfield duo win England Player of Year awards
Liverpool duo Steven Gerrard and Jordan Henderson have been named England Player of the Year and England Under 21 Player of the Year respectively.
— MostarLFC (@MostarLFC) February 3, 2013
Gerrard, the England and Liverpool captain, won his 100th cap for his country in November and lead the team during their Euro 2012 campaign.
“I still feel fresh, looking forward to the next game as much as my debut. Every time you put the England shirt on, it is a proud moment,” said Gerrard – who has played every minute of every Liverpool Premier League game this season.
Henderson, the Under 21′s captain, earned a call-up to Roy Hodgson’s senior squad for the Euro’s, replacing Frank Lampard after he withdrew from injury.
Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson with the award he won tonight…England U-21 Player of the Year. Congratulations Jordan. twitter.com/LFCphoto/statu…
— LFC Photo (@LFCphoto) February 3, 2013
Liverpool players are currently England captains at all levels – Gerrard (first team), Henderson (under 21′s), Andre Wisdom (under 19′s) and Jordan Rossiter (under 16′s).