Having spent over £60 million and completely overhauling the club’s attacking options in the summer – signing Christian Benteke, Roberto Firmino and Danny Ings, plus Divock Origi from loan – things haven’t improved this season.
In fact, the record of 22 league goals after 20 games is the worst in Liverpool’s entire history, as shown in this image from LFCHistory:
Incredibly, last season, 2014/15, was the joint best goalscoring record after 20 games.
- Only five teams in the league have scored fewer goals than Liverpool
- We have scored the same as Sunderland and the second lowest of any team in the top 10
- Sturridge and Ings, with two goals each, are our joint third highest scorers for the season
- In 20 league games, our third leading goal scorer has a dismal two goals
- Only five players in the entire squad have scored more than one league goal
- Only two players have scored more than two league goals
- We have scored one goal or less in 15 of the 20 league games to date
People Also Read
More on This Is Anfield
Fan CommentsComments are retrospectively moderated. Some could be subject to delays before publication. They must obey the comment policy. Comments load below.
Please only discuss the article above. General chat can be made on our forums at forums.thisisanfield.com