Benitez hits back at Babel comments

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has responded to comments made by Ryan Babel over his disappointment of lack of first team football.

Babel told a Dutch newspaper last week that he had been let down on promises of more action in the Premier League by Benitez and even hinted that a January loan move to Ajax may suit his desires to play in next year’s World Cup for Holland.

But Benitez has urged the 22-year-old to show him why he deserves a first team place on the pitch.

He said, “The message is very simple. On the pitch all of the players have to prove something.

“Ryan knows he cannot go now, so he has to impress. He is a good player and we know he has talent. It’s important for us to talk with him and see how he progresses over these months.

“With the World Cup at the end of the year the majority of our players will want to impress and if they do well in each training session they will have more chances.”

Liverpool next play Burnley this Saturday at Anfield. The game gets underway at 3pm.

To mark the end of the 30-year wait for a league title, the ‘Liverpool Mishmash’ poster is available to order exclusively on This Is Anfield — the history of the Reds in one image!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Fan Comments