Torres on the mend

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Rafa Benitez is hopeful Liverpool striker Fernando Torres will be running again by the end of the week and hopes to have the Spanish international back to his best by the end of November.

Torres pulled out of Monday night’s Premier League fixture against Birmingham City with a reoccurrence of his troublesome hernia which has plagued him since last month’s international break.

Benitez told press this morning that Torres’ condition is being monitored closely and he will undergo a three week treatment plan now that another international break is upon is.

He said, “With Fernando Torres we are talking about two or three weeks of treatment and working with the physios. I was talking with him this morning and he is doing well. Hopefully he can be running in a few days and we will see how he progresses.”

To mark the end of the 30-year wait for a league title, the ‘Liverpool Mishmash’ poster is available to order exclusively on This Is Anfield — the history of the Reds in one image!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Fan Comments