(1) The first half was a thrilling portent of what might unfold this season, passing, moving, chasing, looking for goals.
(2) The second half was a throwback to the more desperate parts of last season. Hoofing it toward a ponytail should be an option rarely taken, not the default.
(3) Seven of the XI have only started since Dalglish took over in January. It’s amazing that they can gel so well.
(4) Every senior debutant looks like they’re ready to be a first-team regular. England cap or not, Henderson looked like a work in progress.
(5) Suarez remains our only player capable of genius at close quarters. Unless we sign another, we need to retain Aquilani and Pacheco or fast-track Suso or Sterling.
(6) Anyone who claims decisions at Anfield always go our way — including Bruce — need to remember the straight red card that wasn’t shown to Richardson and keep their mouth shut.
(7) Gerrard needn’t bother with taking dead balls when Adam is in the team.
(8) Suarez needn’t bother with taking penalties when Adam is in the team.
(9) While Lucas has improved immeasurably in the last year, he still gives away too many silly fouls. Curb that and he can be first choice in his position for years.
(10) We were never going to get 114 points. 84 remains a distinct possibility.