Liverpool vs Norwich City
Anfield, Saturday 22nd October, 5:30pm Kick Off
Norwich though are no pushovers, with Paul Lambert’s side not to be underestimated. They went to Old Trafford and almost came away with a result recently.
Our friends at EA Sports Player Performance Index provide some interesting stats ahead of the match.
• Liverpool may consider themselves unlucky against rivals Manchester United at the weekend talismanic midfielder Steven Gerrard made his first start in six months following a groin operation and responded by covering more ground than anyone on the pitch with 12.976km, contributing to an overall distance covered of 121.091km by Liverpool.
• Leiva Lucas had the highest average speed for a Liverpool player with 6.07mph. Lucas has won 92% of tackles he has attempted this season.
• Jose Enrique is Liverpool’s top ranked player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index in 24th place. The full back has put in 18 crosses and won 83% of tackles entered into this season.
• Norwich have continue to perform above expectations this season and beat fellow Barclays Premier League new boys Swansea 3-1 last week.
• Norwich remain the hardest working team in the Premier League after covering 142.522km in the game.
• Norwich midfielder Bradley Johnson received media plaudits last week for having covered so much ground in the Premier League, and he responded with a lung busting 14.14km distance in the game against Swansea. Miraculously, this was not the most distance covered by a Norwich player, David Fox responded to the challenge and the new that his team cover the most distance overall with 14.286km covered.
• Russell Martin also covered over 14km in the game (14.067km). The trios achievements are even more remarkable given no player had covered over 14km in a game until this match (although this was assisted with 8 minutes added on).
• Norwich defender Russell Martin and midfielder Anthony Pilkington both made the EA SPORTS Player Performance index team of the week after their performances in that game.
• Pilkington has scored 3 goals this season from 6 attempts at goal while also putting in 12 crosses and competing 13 dribbles and 66 passes in his opponents half in 7 appearances.
• Marc Tierney continued his rise up the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index to 54th place, making him the highest ranked player on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.