Liverpool travel to Villa Park to face Alex McCleish’s Aston Villa on Sunday.
EA Sports Player Performance Index provides some player stats ahead of the game;
• Villa beat Bolton 2-1 in last game with strikes from Stiliyan Petrov and Marc Albrighton
• James Collins made an incredible 31 interceptions in that game, the highest total for a single player in the league this season
• Darren Bent has made 14 clearances this season, the highest total for a striker in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index
• Petrov’s goal was his third of the season, boosting him to 45th in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. Petrov has also contributed an impressive 45 interceptions in midfield this season.
• Albrighton’s goal was his first of the season so far, he has also contributed 11 crosses and 11 dribbles so far this season
• Albrighton covered the most ground for Villa in the game against Bolton with 6.4 miles.
• Liverpool beat QPR 1-0 in last outing with a goal from Luis Suarez. Suarez had been having a frustrating time in front of goal, having had 62 efforts at goal including 34 on target for a return of five goals. In comparison, Robin van Persie has had 66 efforts at goal and a return of 15 goals.
• Hard working Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam has made 17 clearances so far this season, the joint highest total for a midfielder in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index
• Adam has also made 7 assists, second only to David Silva for creating goals in the Barclays Premier League this season
• Adam topped the charts for distance covered in the game against QPR with 5.12 miles, the 9th time the midfielder has covered more distance than any other Liverpool player