Liverpool will start their pre-season preparations with a friendly against Preston North End for the second season in succession.
Brendan Rodgers’ side will travel to Deepdale for the friendly on July 19th, 3pm kick off.
The two sides contested the ‘Bill Shankly Shield’ last July in a match that Liverpool won 4-0 courtesy of goals from Philippe Coutinho, Jordon Ibe, Raheem Sterling and Iago Aspas.
The match takes place just a week after the World Cup Final, meaning any of Liverpool’s players taking part in the tournament won’t be involved. It could be the first glimpse of any new signings though.
Reports over the weekend claim that The Reds will conclude their pre-season preparations with a high-profile friendly against German side Borussia Dortmund at Anfield.
Full Pre-Season Dates
- Saturday 19 July – Preston North End v Liverpool – Kick-off 3pm Deepdale
- Wednesday 23 July – Liverpool v AS Roma – Kick-off 5pm CST at Fenway Park, Boston
- Sunday 27 July – Liverpool v Olympiacos – Kick-off 5pm CST at Soldier Field Stadium, Chicago
- Wednesday 30 July – Manchester City v Liverpool – Kick-off 7pm EST at Yankee Stadium, New York
- Saturday 2 August – Liverpool v AC Milan – Kick-off 6:30pm EST at Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte
- Sunday 10 August – Liverpool v Borussia Dortmund – Anfield (TBC)