Christian Benteke became the seventh signing of Liverpool’s busy summer of transfers on Wednesday, and supporters can expect big things from the striker.
Making the £32.5 million move from Aston Villa to Liverpool, Christian Benteke becomes the seventh signing of the Reds’ summer transfer window, and a big statement of intent from manager Brendan Rodgers.
Joining on a long-term contract after Liverpool triggered his Villa Park release clause, Benteke will assume the role of Rodgers’ first-choice striker.
Happy with his move to Merseyside, the 24-year-old said: “I want to be the best and I want to reach the best of myself.”
“I came here to win trophies. I came here to reach some great goals with the team.
“It’s about winning trophies. It’s about doing something in [my] career I can maybe explain to my son or my kids what I did.”
Keen to make a big impression at Anfield, a lot will be expected of Benteke during the 2015/16 campaign.
A strong target man capable of excelling both in the air and on the ground, Rodgers will be hoping Benteke brings a cutting edge to the Reds’ attack.
- More on Benteke:
- BENTEKE SPEAKS: Christian Benteke: “I came here to win trophies”
- GOALS VS. LIVERPOOL: Christian Benteke: Remembering the striker’s 5 goals against Liverpool
- TACTICS: How Liverpool can get the best out of Christian Benteke
- OPINION: Why Christian Benteke is worth the investment for Liverpool
- INTERVIEW: Exclusive: Former Belgium boss backs Benteke to fire Liverpool to silverware
- FAN REACTION: “Benteke is Rodgers’ biggest signing” – How supporters reacted to Christian Benteke’s Liverpool move