Support our independent LFC content & go advert-free.
Support our independent Liverpool FC content and go advert-free with This Is Anfield Premium.

Sakho over Lovren, Ings over Origi, diamond over 4-3-3: Liverpool fans vote on the burning issues

We’re days away from the start of the new season and some key questions still remain on the minds of Liverpool supporters.

SWINDON, ENGLAND - Sunday, August 2, 2015: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers chats with Swindon Town manager Mark Cooper ahead of the friendly match at the County Ground. (Pic by Mark Hawkins/Propaganda)

There are big team selection questions are in every area of the team; who will Brendan Rodgers pick to partner Martin Skrtel? Will Christian Benteke be deemed fit to start vs. Stoke? Will we play 4-3-3 or a midfield diamond? Will we ever play with a defensive midfielder?

Over the last month we’ve been putting the key questions to you, the fans and here’s how you’ve voted.

Ings vs. Origi

A pretty unanimous vote here, with 90% saying they’d prefer for Danny Ings to be ahead of Divock Origi in the Reds’ pecking order up front.

[interaction id=”55b60225b41a2ec513c5a206″]

Sakho vs. Lovren

Another completely unanimous outcome, with a whopping 93% going for Sakho rather than Lovren to partner Skrtel vs. Stoke on Sunday. Quite possible that the other 7% are either opposition fans or fans who didn’t watch Lovren last season.

[interaction id=”55bdd03c97160885075b6422″]

Formation

When it comes to the formation of choice, 53% went for the midfield diamond and therefore two up front—presumably Ings and Benteke—with 24% going for 4-3-3.

[interaction id=”55b9e52ea52231f6074d282a”]

Ibe

Mind you, a pretty large 88% say they’d start Jordon Ibe vs. Stoke. Not entirely sure how he would fit into a team playing with a midfield diamond.

[interaction id=”55b272cdc902770806c86b54″]

Spending

Away from the Stoke game, and with seven new faces having arrived this summer. 83% say they are happy with the summer spending… we’ll ask you that one again next May!

[interaction id=”55b0d2141e52ba820551d8bc”]

Mario Out

The only business remaining is to ship out the unwanted trio of Balotelli, Enrique and Borini. 59% say they agree with the decision to flog Mario this summer.

[interaction id=”55b75c61b41a2ec513ce1534″]

Commercial Appeal

And finally, we asked whether Liverpool’s lack of world renowned star names might affect their commercial appeal, especially in Asian markets. 63% say the club are currently losing their commercial appeal.

[interaction id=”55b9cd95a52231f6074c3ebc”]

Get the historic souvenir Liverpool vs. Real Madrid Champions League Final 2022 matchday programme, with worldwide delivery.

Fan Comments