Despite conceding a goal early on in the second half at Selhurst Park, with Joe Ledley powering home a loose ball, Liverpool produced a resolute defensive display in Sunday’s 2-1 victory.
This included strong turns from Lovren, alongside Mamadou Sakho at centre-back, and Can, who shone in his role at the heart of the midfield.
These dominant showings earned Lovren and Can a shared Man of the Match award as supporters rated Liverpool’s performances after the game.
The pair currently boast a rating of 7.8 each, 0.6 more than any player.
Match-winner Christian Benteke, who won and converted the deciding penalty at the death, comes closest to Lovren and Can, rated at 7.3, showing intent in a central attacking role.
But with the likes of Can and Lovren in a defiant mood at Selhurst Park, Liverpool were able to battle to victory.
CRYSTAL PALACE 1-2 LIVERPOOL
- MATCH REPORT: 10 men Reds take three points
- VIDEO: Jurgen Klopp post-match press conference
- OPINION: Emre Can leads Liverpool again in last-gasp win at Crystal Palace
- OPINION: Jurgen Klopp’s winning mentality has revitalised Liverpool ahead of top-four push
- TALKING POINTS: Reds stay angry as Benteke shows bottle
- PLAYER RATINGS: High scores for Lovren, Sakho, Can & Firmino
- SUPPORTERS’ VIEW: “What a reaction to going down to 10 men”
- MEDIA REACTION: “The Jurgen Klopp effect in all its glory”