The German saw Liverpool seal an emphatic win at the Pirelli Stadium, securing passage to the third round of the League Cup, with the draw to be held on Wednesday night.
Can was forced off midway through the second half with an ankle problem, and could face a spell on the sidelines, though Klopp hoped it would not be as bad as initially feared.
This left Klopp unable to introduce Danny Ings, with the 24-year-old left on the substitutes’ bench throughout despite his manager’s plans.
However, Klopp praised Mane’s relentless attacking play, saying “in the 90th minute, he ran again like this!”
“I saw a few breaks between the 90th and his last sprint,” he added, “but that’s no problem—of course it’s good!”
Liverpool next take on Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane (August 27) as they continue their league campaign.
Klopp will no doubt be looking for more of the same after an excellent cup display.
Burton Albion 0-5 Liverpool
- MATCH REPORT: Origi, Firmino & Sturridge fire Reds to League Cup victory
- PLAYER RATINGS: Mane leads the ratings with a 9
- TALKING POINTS: Main Mane man shines as Matip makes his bow
- FAN REACTION: “Impressively professional display”
- PHOTOS: Liverpool notch 5-0 win over Burton