The Reds’ summer got underway on the right note with the early addition of the 22-year-old centre-back, who will become the 16th Frenchman to represent Liverpool.
But here, we’re looking to the 15 French Reds that came before him to don the red shirt, and they each had to have made a competitive outing for the club.
Some others – including Nabil El Zhar, Djimi Traore and Momo Sissoko – are omitted despite being born in France, as they went on to represent other countries during their careers.
Alou Diarra, meanwhile, is a notable absentee having not made a senior outing for the club during his three years on Merseyside.
You will need to get your thinking cap on for some of these names, with a handful having made less than 10 appearances for Liverpool.
We’ve given you some hints to help you out. Good luck!
15 players in 5 minutes, can you do it?
Want more quizzes? Try these!
- 21 questions to test your memory of Liverpool’s 2020/21 season!
- Name these pre-1960s Liverpool players – from Hodgson to Liddell
- Name all 16 of Liverpool’s loan signings in under 6 minutes?
- Which Liverpool cult hero are you?
- How well do you know Wijnaldum and his career?
- Can you name every Liverpool goalscorer from Klopp’s Champions League 100?
- Or why not check out our Kids quiz section?