Liverpool are preparing for a huge game against Man United this weekend so most of the news focus is there – but there’s always a rumour or two as well!
Dutch midfielder to replace a Dutch midfielder?
That said, we wouldn’t be complaining if we signed this one: Ajax’s Ryan Gravenberch.
The talented youngster is linked with the Reds by Dutch outfit Soccerlens, who say he’s “closely followed” by the Reds as well as Juventus.
Ajax want to renew his deal, which expires in 18 months, and we may make a move beforehand to keep that price down.
Ready for United
- Curtis Jones is back full to training and fit for the Reds as an extra midfield addition for this weekend – but there’s still no sign of Thiago
- Jurgen Klopp doesn’t have any time for your penalty conspiracy theories and says he can’t influence referees as the Solskjaer complaints rumble on
- Man United can cause any teams problems despite also looking utterly crap, so the boss is keen to ensure Liverpool don’t underestimate the challenge of the weekend
Latest Liverpool FC news
- There’s no need to compare Salah and Ronaldo for Jurgen Klopp – that’s just one of four key takeaways from the boss’ press conference today
- Three of the Reds’ stars rank as the Premier League’s most in-form players this season
- And Steven Gerrard is holding firm on his answer amid more rumours he could be set to move from Rangers to Newcastle as the new boss
Latest Premier League chat
- Erling Haaland will ask for £600k a week wages if he moves to the Premier League, or roughly the interest earned by Newcastle‘s ownership group every three and a half seconds
- Donny van de Beek wants to leave Man United, presumably because he last played in about February, but he won’t head back to former club Ajax
- Mikel Arteta was worried Emile Smith Rowe would leave Arsenal this summer, which is always a nice positive sign when the boss realises a player is out of the depth of his team
Tweet of the day and match of the night
— James Pearce’s Massive Pecker (@PearcesPecker2) October 21, 2021