Jones ruled out
Those pesky international breaks – does anyone like them?
Lee Carsley’s inane decision to use Curtis Jones as a substitute against Andorra last week, despite knowing he was carrying a muscle issue, had predictably come back to haunt Liverpool.
Jones should be fit for the weekend trip to Man United but it is hard to envisage him starting, given his lack of match practice.
Focus on Atletico
- Roberto Firmino continues to be a vital player for Liverpool after his weekend hat-trick, with Klopp hailing him as the Reds’ “connector“
- Klopp was on press conference duty on Monday – here are five key things we picked out from it
- Virgil van Dijk was also in front of the media and says he is playing with a “lot of joy” after recovering from serious injury
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Six Liverpool kickoff changes have been confirmed for December and the Christmas period, with six games affected overall. Read more here
- Salah is looking for £400,000 a week in his potential new Reds deal, according to the Telegraph‘s Chris Bascombe
- Man United are reportedly fearful of another fan protest at Old Trafford when Liverpool head there on Sunday, as was the case last season
Latest Premier League chat
- Steven Gerrard is reported to be on the Newcastle manager shortlist, along with Unai Emery and Roberto Martinez
- Matthijs de Ligt‘s agent is claimed to have been in touch with Man City and Chelsea, with the prodigious Juventus defender thought to be keen on a move away from Turin
- Luka Jovic, who is a target for Arsenal, wants to leave Real Madrid, having struggled to make the grade at the Santiago Bernabeu
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Liverpool’s official Twitter account have shared a superb video of the away fans celebrating Salah’s stunner at Watford on Saturday.
The cut to Salah and Firmino is priceless!
A moment these Reds will never, ever forget.
What a video ? pic.twitter.com/lyqRLU9QUU
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) October 18, 2021
Gary Neville is also expected to lay into a hilariously average United in his Monday Night Football analysis alongside Jamie Carragher, which could be worth a watch!