Origi still out, Henderson on the mend
The forward has been absent since the win at AC Milan and Pep Lijnders confirmed “He is still not training with the team so we will miss him.”
Jordan Henderson “already called yesterday to train again” after a “heavy cold” in what is welcome news for the Reds but it will likely be a place on the bench or no involvement at all for the skipper in this fixture.
A semi-final place on the line
- Pep Lijnders took on media duties and hit the nail on the head with his assessment of VAR and the officials
- No new Covid cases but Liverpool “will not rush” players on return from isolation
- 2 possible lineups for Liverpool here could see a total of nine changes and a potential debutant for an 18-year-old
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Jurgen Klopp avoids punishment for Paul Tierney remarks and fans said it’s “because they know he’s right” – and you can’t argue with that!
- Liverpool named as one of the ‘most realistic buyers‘ for Erling Haaland, with a new No. 9 the objective for next summer – take that with a rather large pinch of salt!
Latest Premier League chat
- Man United have returned to training after a coronavirus outbreak led to two postponed games
- The Premier League is to fulfil all festive fixtures after forgoing a circuit breaker, reiterate clubs need 13 outfield players and one goalkeeper to play
- Antonio Conte labels UEFA decision to rule Spurs’ games against Rennes as a forfeit ‘unfair’ with north London club to consider appeal for Europa Conference League
Tweet of the day and match of the night
If Rangers and Celtic agree to get married then they could have 50,000 attending on the 2nd January.
— Ray Bradshaw (@comedyray) December 21, 2021