Liverpool made sure their schedule got busier by overcoming Cardiff to the tune of 3-1 at Anfield, a result that set up another home tie – this time against Premier League opposition.
The fixture is to immediately follow the Reds’ League Cup final at the end of the month, with the Canaries to make the trip to Merseyside on Wednesday, March 2 with kickoff at 8.15pm (GMT).
It will be broadcast live on ITV in the UK.
The cup tie will come at the end of a hectic month of action with seven games in the space of 22 days, including a league meeting with Norwich, and will kick start another decisive month.
This would force the meeting with Man United to be pushed back to another date, with the March international break swiftly following.
Liverpool’s Upcoming Fixtures
- Leicester (H) – Premier League – Thurs, Feb 10
- Burnley (A) – Premier League – Sun, Feb 13
- Inter (A) – Champions League – Wed, Feb 16
- Norwich (H) – Premier League – Sat, Feb 19
- Leeds (H) – Premier League – Wed, Feb 23
- Chelsea – League Cup final – Sun, Feb 27
- Norwich (H) – FA Cup Fifth Round – Wed, Mar 2
- West Ham (H) – Premier League – Sat, Mar 5