Liverpool powered through to the FA Cup final at the weekend but the big games just keep on coming – it’s our biggest rivals back on home soil tomorrow night!
Gavi “sounded out” but renewal “expected”
Liverpool’s transfer market work this summer could prove interesting, given the suggestion a few squad players might be leaving and several stars only having a year left on their deals.
But on the incoming side it’s as yet uncertain how many or what positions we’ll look for, particularly after the signing of Luis Diaz was bumped forward by a few months – for which we’re extremely grateful!
Barcelona midfielder Gavi remains on Liverpool’s wishlist according to Spanish media, as he hasn’t yet renewed with the Camp Nou club and doesn’t have long left on his initial deal with them.
Sport say we’ve “sounded him out” again recently and “intensified” our efforts, but the player and his camp are still keen to get an agreement with Barcelona done if they appreciate the player’s worth to the team. His release clause is currently €50m, which they state would be a “bargain” even now for the six-cap 17-year-old.
Manchester again, United this time
- Fred and Varane are two of the five players Man United will be without for their trip to Anfield – and we’ve looked at the potential Liverpool line-ups here too
- Mo Salah will score again in a “matter of time” says Jurgen Klopp – that was among the thoughts of the boss as he looked ahead to another clash with United
- Sadio Mane rediscovering form is not as a direct result of Luis Diaz’s arrival at Liverpool, the boss also added
Latest Liverpool FC news
- The latest leaked images of the new Nike kit for 22/23 can be seen here as we’re set for a “fan issue” jersey it seems
- Virgil van Dijk isn’t taking anything for granted as the Reds go for a quite ridiculous quadruple – which he admits is an “almost impossible” dream
- And United boss Ralf Rangnick isn’t expecting an easy ride or a happy reunion with Jurgen as he brings his United side to our fortress
Latest Premier League chat
- Erling Haaland has no deal in place to join Man City or anyone else, says Dortmund incoming chief Sebastian Kehl – who in fairness has a job about as difficult as our own Julian Ward to live up to the standards set beforehand
- Christopher Nkunku rumours continue to circle and this time the epic attacker will have the choice of Inter or Arsenal, which is quite the dilemma to solve. Champions or Europa League? Titles or Granit Xhaka as a team-mate? Difficult!
- Erik ten Hag will whip the Man United players into shape says a former player of his – which might stack up if we didn’t already know that squad was full of self-serving egotistical morons who will protect their own interests before putting effort into the club
Tweet of the day and match of the night
He’s got one more moment left in him before he leaves, hasn’t he?
The definition of big game big player ?
Happy birthday, Divock ? pic.twitter.com/PPnnxMiD5q
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) April 18, 2022
Italy tonight for Napoli vs Roma and a huge game for both title and top-four prospects.