Salah stays! After months of negotiations, Liverpool made the shock announcement that their No. 11 had put pen to paper on a new long-term contract on Friday.
Happy Friday from Mo Salah!
It’s official, Mohamed Salah is at Liverpool to stay!
Earlier in the day, the Egyptian looked closer to the Liverpool exit door than ever, after another cryptic tweet from his agent Ramy Abbas Issa.
Posting a laughing face emoji, Abbas’ tweet generated an angry reaction among Reds on social media, who assumed it was another tweet indicating that an agreement was no closer.
But when Liverpool’s official account replied to the tweet with a facepalm emoji, many started to realise he could have been referring to some good news after all.
Minutes later, the club posted a video of Salah confirming the news with the words ‘Salah stays’ – an announcement that will live long in the memory of Reds fans around the world.
The new deal is expected to make the Egyptian the highest-paid player in the club’s history, with reports suggesting he has agreed to a heavily incentivised deal worth in excess of £350,000 per week.
Enjoy your weekend, Reds!
3 things today: Mo Salah you little dancer!
- Mohamed Salah is to become the highest earner in Liverpool’s history, with reports suggesting his new deal could see him earn in excess of £400,000 per week based on player related bonuses
- Darwin Nunez will have enjoyed hearing Salah say he was “so excited” to link up with the Uruguayan in his interview with LFCTV on Friday
- Jurgen Klopp believes Salah’s “best years are still to come” and signing a new deal was “the best decision” for both parties
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Salah’s new deal was announced in style, showing him sat poolside and scrolling through tweets about his contract situation before declaring “Salah stays”
- The Egyptian King believes Liverpool are in a great position to compete for trophies once more, challenging his team-mates to “go for everything again”
- Liverpool fans have dubbed Salah “the best summer signing” after his “Oscar-worthy” contract twist today
Latest transfer chat
- Elsewhere in the Premier League, Richarlison has officially signed for Tottenham after completing a £60 million transfer from Everton
- In Italy, Inter have completed the signing of Ghanian goalkeeper Andre Onana from Ajax
- Raphinha is still said to favour a move to Barcelona, despite Chelsea agreeing a deal with Leeds earlier this week
Tweet of the day and match of the night
We’re spoilt for choice! It’s a day that will go down in Liverpool Twitter history, but we simply had to go for the official announcement video.
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) July 1, 2022
Enjoy a celebratory Salah contract drink while tuning into England taking on Israel in the Under-19 Euro final.
Reds defender Jarell Quansah scored the winner in for the Young Lions in the semis!