It’s a new week and, as usual, there is no shortage of stories and transfer links for fans to sink their teeth into on their Monday evening.
Timber “not sure” on Ajax future
Liverpool have received a boost regarding the potential availability of Ajax’s Jurrien Timber, with the defender having admitted he is not currently in negotiations over a new contract.
Timber, who is also reportedly a target for Man United, told Vandaag Inside that he is “not sure” if he will remain at the Eredivisie club, revealing he is “not in talks with Ajax now” to extend his stay.
The 21-year-old is one of a number of defenders to have been linked with Anfield in recent weeks, with Fabrizio Romano indicating on Monday morning that a centre-back signing is a “priority” for Jurgen Klopp this summer.
Having already been capped 15 times for the Netherlands national side, often alongside Virgil van Dijk, Timber’s defensive versatility could be a valuable asset for the Reds should the manager persist with the new system.
Lavia latest & Gerrard’s next move
- Liverpool are reluctant to be drawn into a bidding war for Southampton midfielder Romeo Lavia amid interest from Stamford Bridge
- The imminent takeover of Man United could have knock-on implications for Liverpool’s pursuit of Khephren Thuram
- Steven Gerrard is set to become manager of Saudi Arabia side Al-Ettifaq according to journalist Romain Molina
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Liverpool are among a number of clubs to be linked with a move for Gambia striker Adama Bojang, according to the Guardian‘s Ed Aarons
- A pitch has been named after Virgil van Dijk in the Dutch town in which the defender first played football
Around the grounds
- Man United could be deterred from making an approach for Harry Kane by Tottenham’s reluctance to sell to a Premier League rival (Sky Sports)
- Arsene Wenger has warned Man City against standing still in the transfer market this summer, not that they need an excuse to spend money (Mirror)
- It appears that being arguably the greatest player of all time doesn’t make you immune from passport checks, just ask Lionel Messi (Express)
Tweet of the day and match of the night
The club asked followers for their favourite goal of the 2022/23 campaign and we fully approve of this selection from the historic 7-0 beating of Man United.
Any excuse to relive that evening!
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) June 12, 2023
If you have somehow still got room in your life for more football, Germany are taking on Ukraine in the latest set of international friendlies.
Viaplay Sports 1 is the place to be from 5pm (BST) if you want to catch all the action.