Tuesday’s roundup of news from planet Liverpool includes hefty demands for one midfielder, some positive fitness news and some less positive refereeing news.
Liverpool win Mac Allister appeal
The Argentine was dismissed by referee Thomas Brammall for his challenge on Ryan Christie in what was his home debut for the club.
He initially received a three-game suspension which would have kept him out of action until the home clash with West Ham on September 24.
But following a review of the incident, an FA spokesperson said: “An Independent Regulatory Commission has removed Alexis Mac Allister‘s three-match suspension following a claim of wrongful dismissal.”
Common sense prevails, for once!
3 things today: Double injury relief and Andre ‘bid’ rejected
- Trent Alexander-Arnold and Luis Diaz put fans’ minds at rest as they were both pictured in the squad’s latest training session
- Reports in Brazil claim Liverpool have had a £25 million bid for Andre rejected by Fluminense
- Joel Matip admits he must “adapt” to the Reds’ new system as he bids to regain his place in the side this season
Latest Liverpool FC news
- The linesman who elbowed Andy Robertson against Arsenal last season has been appointed as assistant VAR for Liverpool’s second game in a row
- Marcelo Pitaluga has revealed he is open to a loan move as he plans the next steps in his young career
- Links to Johan Bakayoko have been dismissed as “total madness”, but given our attacking options we’re sure you knew that already!
Video of the day and match of the night
Check out this clip from our brand-new ‘Live at 5’ show with The Late Challenge podcast where Paul Cope and Gareth Roberts discuss the manager’s angry response to his song against Bournemouth.
Rangers are in Champions League qualifying action at home to PSV this evening with full coverage on TNT Sports 1 from 8pm (BST).
Their biggest-ever defeat at Ibrox came last time they were in the competition, any guesses for who inflicted that one?