Watch Jurgen Klopp reflect on Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Exeter City in the FA Cup third round replay at Anfield on Wednesday night.
Speaking in his post-match press conference, the Reds’ boss praised his young side but urged patience to allow the players time to develop.
“It is a long way for these young boys but they showed what they are already able to do and what they have to learn,” he said.
“If everyone stays cool… It is not protecting them but giving the lads time to develop.
“Tonight was a good moment, there were a few things which were impressive but a lot of things to learn.
“The target at the end of the road has to be [playing for] Liverpool FC in the Premier League and for this you have to be ready.
“We cannot bring them all in every week in the Premier League.”
LIVERPOOL 3-0 EXETER
- Talking Points: Youngsters impress – Benteke doesn’t
- Match Report: Reds cruise into FA Cup fourth round
- Player Ratings: Ibe shines as Benteke struggles
- Opinion: Klopp’s balanced team selection sees youngsters shine
- Tactical Overview: Klopp’s go-to formations unsettle Exeter
Fans also read
Fan CommentsComments are retrospectively moderated. Some could be subject to delays before publication. They must obey the comment policy. Comments load below.
Please only discuss the article above. General chat can be made on our forums at forums.thisisanfield.com