After two successive away League defeats, Liverpool return to Anfield looking to get back to winning ways with the visit of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
This fixture last season saw the visitors come away 1-0 victors as Roy Hodgson’s side suffered an eighth defeat of the season in mid-December. He, of course, wouldn’t last much longer and under Kenny Dalglish the Reds’ ran out 3-0 winners at Molineux last season.
EA Sports provide the match stats ahead of the game…
• The Liverpool players covered a total of 99,775m (62.00miles) during last Sunday’s 4-0 loss at White Hart Lane. This was 9,359m less than the total distance covered by the Tottenham Hotspur players.
• The Wolverhampton Wanderers players covered a total of 115,400m (71.71miles) during their 3-0 home loss last weekend. This was 3,376m less than the QPR players covered during the game.
• Karl Henry and Jamie O’Hara led the way for Wolves during the game covering a total of 12,002m (7.46miles) and 11,150m (6.93miles) respectively.
• Wolves defender Richard Stearman is the only player in the Barclays Premier League to have already been shown three yellow cards this season.
• Stearman and his defensive partner, Christophe Berra, have won 18 and 17 tackles respectively this season. Only Ashley Cole (20) and Maynor Figueroa (18) have made more than them.
• Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is not known for his defensive qualities and has only won 14.29% of the 14 tackles he has entered in to this season. He is the only player in the Barclays Premier League to have lost more than 10 tackles this season.
• Midfielder Charlie Adam saw red last weekend, and has committed 13 fouls so far this season – the third highest in the league.
• Wolves midfielder Jamie O’Hara has won every single one of the 16 tackles he has entered in to this season, the most of any midfielder in the Barclays Premier League.