Reds turn down Kolo Toure bid

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Liverpool have turned down a bid from Turkish side Trabzonspor for defender Kolo Toure, according to Sky Sports.

NEW YORK, USA - Wednesday, July 30, 2014: Liverpool's Kolo Toure walks out to face Manchester City during the International Champions Cup Group B match at the Yankee Stadium on day ten of the club's USA Tour. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

The 33-year-old centre-back was linked with Trabzonspor last month and Sky Sports say they placed a bid for the Ivorian.

However, Brendan Rodgers says Toure will be remaining at Anfield this summer, having arrived from Man City on a free transfer last year.

“Kolo has been an incredible player. We brought him in because he is a winner, an authentic winner,” said Rodgers ahead of Liverpool’s friendly against AC Milan on Saturday in Charlotte, North Carolina.

“He’s someone who doesn’t play every single week but when he does play, he plays very well. Every day of his life in training, he gives his all.

“Players like Kolo and Steven Gerrard, the older statesmen of the team, have been absolutely first class.”

Toure is one of the few players in the Reds squad with Champions League experience and having won Premier League titles with both City and Arsenal. Such experience, particularly off the pitch, will be invaluable to Liverpool’s youthful squad this campaign.

Fan Comments