Report: Liverpool offer £6m compensation for Danny Ings but Burnley want £10m

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Liverpool are reported to be considering making an improved compensation offer of £6 million to Burnley for Danny Ings

SWANSEA, WALES - Monday, May 19, 2014: England's Danny Ings in action against Wales during the 2015 UEFA European Under-21 Championship Qualifying Group 1 match at the Liberty Stadium. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Ings has agreed personal terms on a free transfer to Anfield from July 1st when his Burnley contract officially expires, but the Clarets are entitled to compensation which appears to be proving difficult to settle, as he is under 23 years of age.

The Daily Mail report that the Championship club have already rejected a £4.5million offer from Liverpool, and it’s said that “they are expected to knock back the next offer too, given they would like £10million for the England under-21 international.”

Failure to agree a fee would see the case decided by a Premier League tribunal which Liverpool are said to be keen to avoid, shown as they prepare a new bid, but it has previously been reported that Burnley are happy to go to, as they believe they would be awarded closer to the amount wanted.

Tottenham’s reported £12million offer which was accepted only for the former Bournemouth man to turn down a move, has complicated negotiations, and is likely to be included in the assessment over the final figure, according to the report.

The report also indicates that Ings’ previous club Bournemouth, where he spent five years “will be due some money, though this fee would be no more than a few hundred thousand pounds.”

Elsewhere in the rumour mill: Liverpool “closing in” on Barcelona defender Martin Montoya

Fan Comments