Christian Benteke’s transfer from Aston Villa was finally confirmed late on Wednesday night, with the Belgian giving his first interview at Melwood.
The 24-year-old revealed his delight at the move, reported to be worth £32.5 million, and his hopes for winning trophies at the club.
“I came here to win trophies,” he said.
“I’m very happy to be here and I would like to thank the owners, Ian [Ayre] and of course the manager for their massive effort to bring me here.”
- More on Benteke:
- BENEFITTING FROM BENTEKE: 3 LFC players who can benefit from Belgian’s arrival
- GOALS VS. LIVERPOOL: Christian Benteke: Remembering the striker’s 5 goals against Liverpool
- TACTICS: How Liverpool can get the best out of Christian Benteke
- OPINION: Why Christian Benteke is worth the investment for Liverpool
- INTERVIEW: Exclusive: Former Belgium boss backs Benteke to fire Liverpool to silverware
- FAN REACTION: “Benteke is Rodgers’ biggest signing” – How supporters reacted to Christian Benteke’s Liverpool move
- VIDEO: Video: What Liverpool can expect from Christian Benteke