Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool face a wait to learn of the extent of Daniel Sturridge‘s latest injury setback.
Shortly before Liverpool’s 2-1 victory over Bordeaux in the Europa League it was revealed that Sturridge has sustained a new foot injury, delaying his return to action further.
The England international striker will have a scan before the extent of the problem can be determined.
"I don't know too much about the situation because it was in the afternoon after training – not what I saw as we trained in two groups and I was with the starting line-up," he said.
"We had no time to think about it because it was really close to the game.
"At this moment we have to wait. I am not qualified [to say what the extent of the problem is]."
- FANS’ REACTION: “Definition of a luxury squad player” – Liverpool fans react to Daniel Sturridge’s latest injury setback
Liverpool will be hoping this latest problem will only be minor with a busy fixture schedule ahead, starting with the visit of Swansea to Anfield in the Premier League on Sunday.
Liverpool 2-1 Bordeaux
- Match Report: Milner and Benteke send Reds into Europa League last 32
- Player Ratings: Mignolet 5, Allen 7, Benteke 6.5
- Talking Points: Simon’s shambles & job done as progress secured
- Player Focus: Christian Benteke showing how Liverpool can get best of him…and his limitations
- View From the Kop: Anfield resurgent as Liverpool secure Europa progress
- Opinion: Why Liverpool’s victory over Bordeaux was vital for more than just qualification
- Fan Reactions: “Job done, winning habit”
- Paper Talk: “Far from the intense, dazzling destruction of Man City”
- Video: Jurgen Klopp’s Post Liverpool 2-1 Bordeaux Press Conference
- Photos: Best of the action from Liverpool 2-1 Bordeaux