With Liverpool claimed to be willing to part ways with Divock Origi this summer, Marseille are among 11 clubs interested in securing a deal.
Origi has emerged as a surprise candidate for a late move away from Merseyside, having played just nine minutes for the Reds so far this season.
With Liverpool launching a big-money bid for AS Monaco winger Thomas Lemar on Monday, Origi could leave Anfield before Thursday’s deadline.
And according to the Telegraph, he could be used as a makeweight in any deal to sign Lemar, with Monaco interested in signing the Belgium international.
It remains to be seen whether he would depart on loan or on a permanent basis, but Jurgen Klopp is said to “understand the player’s desire for regular first-team football in a World Cup year.”
Any decision over Origi’s future is likely tied to that of Lemar, as if the Frenchman did join Liverpool this summer, Klopp’s attacking options would be bolstered significantly.
According to French publication L’Equipe, Marseille have already made a “concrete offer” for Origi, with manager Rudi Garcia pushing for a deal.
The details of their offer are unspecified, but a return to Ligue 1 could interest Origi given his upbringing at Lille.
Meanwhile, Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur claims that the striker “would be interested in a move to Monaco if he gets guarantees that he’ll play regularly,” though “no decision has been taken yet.”
“We were not contacted by Anderlecht. Divock has to leave Liverpool to have game time,” he said.
“Tottenham is a possibility, but there is also interest from France and Germany.”
Liverpool are making a late flurry of moves in the closing days of the summer transfer window, including a deal to sign Naby Keita from RB Leipzig in 2018.
Origi could well be one of those to leave Anfield before Thursday night, though the hope will be that his exit is temporary, rather than permanent, as the No. 27 is a promising talent.