We round up the latest Liverpool news and transfer rumours on Monday, following the Reds’ 3-1 friendly defeat to Borussia Dortmund in Charlotte.
- Karius addresses critics as Casillas leads defence
- Liverpool’s plan to “give back” to local supporters with Torino clash
- How Liverpool turned down £4 million deal for Alisson in 2015
- Klopp explains plans for Keita how Liverpool can adapt
- Sturridge’s “natural arrogance” allowing him to grasp opportunity
- U23s and U18s enjoy productive weekend in Hungary
Karius Hints at Liverpool Exit
The goalkeeper took to Instagram to address his critics on Sunday night, and he has now made some interesting comments regarding his future when speaking to Sky Sport Germany:
“Of course this is not optimal for me, but I cannot say much more about it.
“Nobody talked to me about [Alisson arriving] before [he signed].
“I do not know [what will happen], I cannot say what I’m doing right now, there’s still some time left.”
Liverpool Linked With Kovacic
Such is the world-class depth in Real Madrid’s midfield, the brilliant Mateo Kovacic struggles for regular playing time with the European champions.
The 24-year-old is thought to be keen on a move away from Santiago Bernabeu this summer, with several clubs interested in snapping him up.
Kovacic would a superb signing if anything did materialise, with the Croatia international capable of thriving deeper or in a No. 10 role.
With Nabil Fekir’s future at Lyon still looking cloudy, is Kovacic an alternate option?
New Lyon Deal for Fekir Mooted
It has all gone fairly quiet on the Fekir front, with certain reports hinting that Liverpool’s spending is done for this summer.
Now, Le Progres claim the Frenchman will be offered a new deal at Lyon, as the Ligue 1 club try to keep hold of their captain.
The report also states that no progress has been made by Liverpool and that the move is dead, although other parties may make an offer.
However, there is still a feeling that the Fekir to Liverpool saga is not done and dusted just yet.
Clyne Happy to be Back
Nathaniel Clyne suffered an injury-ruined 2017/18 season, playing just five times after an ongoing back problem kept him sidelined.
Speaking to LiverpoolFC.com, Clyne says he feels good about his game after his long absence:
“It feels good to be back on the field. I’m feeling as fit as ever.
“I’m feeling stronger and I’m just ready to keep getting more minutes and prove that I’m good enough to get myself back in the team.
“All the players out there [want] to play and get themselves into that starting lineup for the first game of the season against West Ham United.
“That’s what I’m trying to do and everyone is trying to do.”
Allan Staying with Frankfurt?
Allan Rodrigues’ Liverpool career has failed to kick on, with the Brazilian spending last season on loan at Cypriot side Apollon Limassol.
He requires another season in Europe as he seeks to obtain a UK work permit, and could now be set for a temporary move to Eintracht Frankfurt, where he has been on trial during pre-season.
Head coach Adi Hutter has said “we will make a decision in the coming week” with regards to a potential transfer, as reported by Goal’s Ronan Murphy.
He has so far featured in three of Frankfurt’s pre-season friendlies, most recently starting in the first half of their 6-2 thrashing of SV Wehen Wiesbaden on Saturday.