The dates for Liverpool’s Champions League last 16 clashes with Atletico Madrid have now been confirmed, with the second leg played at Anfield.
The Reds were drawn against Diego Simeone’s side on Monday morning, with the two clubs meeting on the competitive stage for the first time since 2010.
Given the high-intensity style employed by both Simeone and Jurgen Klopp, they promise to be two enthralling ties, particularly as Liverpool defend the European Cup.
Liverpool have now confirmed the first leg will be played at the Wanda Metropolitano on Tuesday, February 18, which could come after the Premier League‘s winter break (dates for which will be announced by Dec 20).
The second leg at Anfield will be on Wednesday, March 11, which is currently three days before the Merseyside derby at Goodison Park (Mar 14).
Crucially, that decider follows another home game, with Liverpool hosting Bournemouth in the league on March 7, which should aid their recovery with no travel required.
Both games will be broadcast live on BT Sport, and kick off at 8pm (GMT).
Liverpool’s Fixture List, February & March
- Southampton (H) – Premier League – Feb 1
- Norwich (A) – Premier League – Feb 8 *
- Atletico Madrid (A) – Champions League – Feb 18
- West Ham (H) – Premier League – Feb 22
- Watford (A) – Premier League – Feb 29
- Bournemouth (H) – Premier League – Mar 7
- Atletico Madrid (H) – Champions League – Mar 11
- Everton (A) – Premier League – Mar 14
- Crystal Palace (H) – Premier League – Mar 21
* Subject to change due to winter break.