Liverpool are back at Anfield tomorrow! It has been a long week of waiting after the opening day win, but we’re almost there.
As you might expect, not a whole lot going on in the market in terms of incoming deals for Jurgen Klopp‘s squad – but that doesn’t mean no transfer news at all.
Ben Woodburn remains on the cusp of a loan move to Hearts, despite earlier stories suggesting he’d stay for the season. A strong summer simply must be followed up by a campaign where he proves his worth this time, for his own sake.
And finally, there’s no real movement on Xherdan Shaqiri‘s exit, with French outlet Le Progres reporting there is a “significant” gap between what Lyon want to pay and what Liverpool are demanding as a fee.
Reds vs Burnley build-up
- Need to know: Here are nine key details before the Clarets visit Anfield
- Voice of Anfield: George Sephton whets the appetite for our Anfield return after 529 days without the Kop being packed out
- Lineup predictions: Team news, the likely midfield rearrangement and Henderson’s return for the Reds
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Jurgen Klopp has urged Ox and Naby to really seize their chances in the team, with two team-mates on the verge of a first-team return
- And the manager has offered condolences to Fabinho from the entire club, after the sad passing of his father
- Meanwhile the transition of blue to formerly-red continues, with Andy Lonergan joining Rafa Benitez’s squad
Latest transfer chat elsewhere
- Amad Diallo could leave Man United for Sheffield United on loan after Sancho’s summer arrival, as he wants to play with Ben Davies and see if he’s a real footballer
- Bernardo Silva wants to leave Man City, but he’s not so desperate to do so that he’s keen to be included in a part-exchange for Harry Kane and move to the Tottenham Circus
- Darwin Nunez is on Brighton’s radar for £25m as they finally decide that a player who can finish chances is a worthwhile investment
Tweet of the day and match of the night
A lot of talk this week about Romelu Lukaku being the 'final piece in Chelsea's jigsaw'. Got me thinking about other footballing final jigsaw pieces and none spring to mind quite like this one: pic.twitter.com/pyOksUsAbY
— Sachin Nakrani (@SachinNakrani) August 20, 2021