The Reds can be confident heading into the weekend, as away from the transfer circus they have produced a perfect start to the season.
In fact, Klopp could have trouble putting together his lineup given the number of options.
The latest team news ahead of Liverpool vs. Chelsea is below:
- Fabinho and Andy Robertson are both back in starting contention
- James Milner is ruled out with a minor injury
- Thiago could be considered for a start after his return vs. Burnley
- Neco Williams has been absent from training and should miss the squad
Liverpool’s XI vs. Chelsea
Given the level of performance in the opening two games of the season, there would be no need for major changes despite the opposition on Sunday.
However, Klopp could make at least two in light of the return of Robertson and Fabinho:
- Robertson to join back four with Alexander-Arnold, Matip and Van Dijk
- Fabinho to anchor midfield as Henderson takes Elliott’s place
- Jota to keep spot up front with Salah and Mane in support
Those changes would see Liverpool line up like this:
There is a chance Klopp makes further alterations, however, as he looks to counter the threat of Chelsea:
- Back four to remain as above, with Fabinho as No. 6
- Thiago in for Keita to join Fabinho and Henderson
- Firmino in as striker, with Jota used as impact sub
Liverpool would then line up as below:
It is likely that Klopp makes only small changes to his lineup, if any, with Liverpool able to take momentum from their triumphant return to a full Anfield last weekend.
The presence of over 50,000 fans in the stadium will be a big boost again, as the Reds look to head into the September international break with nine points from nine.