The Reds remain unbeaten after the opening three games, with Leeds next up – who have yet to collect their first three points of the new campaign.
The last visit to Elland Road was one marred by the Super League chaos and many had questioned if the 1-1 draw would mean anything by season’s end.
Now, there is no uncertainty and Klopp’s men will need to find their rhythm without delay against a well-drilled Marcelo Bielsa outfit in what is the first game of six in the space of 16 days.
Injuries limit squad options but with the ban for the two Brazilians now dropped, Klopp has a clearer view of how his team will set up at Elland Road.
- Alisson and Fabinho free to play with 5-day ban waived
- James Milner returned to team training on Thursday, in the mix
- Roberto Firmino, Takumi Minamino, Neco Williams all injured
- Harvey Elliott given the all clear, third successive start a possibility
- No concerns for Naby Keita and Virgil van Dijk
Liverpool likely lineup vs. Leeds
They are two key players and while it was a late call to see common sense and decency prevail, it could now be a straightforward decision for Klopp:
- Alisson behind an unchanged back four
- Fabinho in the No. 6 role, with Thiago and Henderson by his side
- A return to the XI for Jota alongside Salah and Mane
It would see the Reds lineup like this in west Yorkshire:
It was a bewildering position Liverpool found themselves in as they were at the mercy of the Brazilian FA standing down.