Liverpool and the rest of the world head into 2022 tonight – and we finish this year in familiar fashion, with absences and dodgy transfer rumours!
Origi off to Juve?!
We are sometimes told to take transfer links with a pinch of salt. We suggest this one you take with the entire salt mill!
Weirdly, they say they only want him as an additional attacking option if Alvaro Morata stays – he’s wanted by Barcelona – and that they might look elsewhere if Morata leaves.
It’s all very odd and doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but there you go.
Injuries, Covid…the usual
- Thiago Alcantara is still out and won’t play Chelsea as he has a mystery hip injury which the Reds don’t know the cause of just yet
- Covid has hit the squad again and the Reds have three senior players testing positive – plus more staff members. No names yet as the full PCR tests haven’t come back just yet but there are hints who it might be…
- Jurgen Klopp‘s press conference wasn’t the cheeriest as a result of those above items but we’ve picked out four key parts of it including Curtis Jones‘ return
Latest Liverpool FC news
- The Reds are linked with a free transfer move from ‘Gladbach but it’s not Denis Zakaria – instead it’s central defender Matthias Ginter
- Diogo Jota is adamant that the Reds can push on and close the gap at the top of the league to Man City
- And we’ve picked out our 10 favourite photos from 2021 for you to enjoy all over again – and yes, it includes Alisson Becker’s magnificent winner!
Latest Premier League chat
- Garth Crooks has picked his Team of the Year so far and omg almighty it’s every bit as atrocious as we’ve come to expect from the imbecile
- Sven Botman is on the wanted list for Newcastle’s rebuild, a year after he was heavily linked with the Reds. Sad downgrade that, though maybe not as bad as Kabak’s situation…
- Alexander Isak is one of the strikers Arsenal are looking at as they look to finally become a relevant side again
Video of the day and event of the night
A worthy half an hour of your time! Link here for every LFC goal in 2022.
Happy new year!