Despite the uncertainty, Liverpool are pushing ahead with preparations for their FA Cup clash with Shrewsbury, which has dominated the news at Anfield on Friday.
Liverpool are back in action
Krawietz will take press conference duties on Saturday afternoon, and if Klopp cannot attend on Sunday, he will also serve as manager against Shrewsbury.
A mystery in the buildup
- Tyler Morton has effectively confirmed his involvement vs. Shrewsbury
- But Klopp says he has “no idea” if he’ll be able to attend himself
- Shrewsbury, meanwhile, are in their best form of the season ahead of Sunday
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni has been revealed as a potential summer target
- While Liverpool are still “monitoring” Villarreal forward Arnaut Danjuma
Latest Premier League transfers
- Kieran Trippier is the first signing of Newcastle’s blood-money era
- Samir has swapped Udinese for sister-club Watford
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Levelling up cannot only be about big spending announcements and shiny infrastructure projects.
It should also about righting long-term, structural injustices. There are few bigger than this. Levelling the scales of justice *is* levelling up.
— Steve Rotheram (@MetroMayorSteve) January 7, 2022
There’s Swindon vs. Man City in the FA Cup on ITV 1 (8pm), but over on Sky Sports Football we’ve got Bayern Munich vs. Borussia Monchengladbach (7.30pm), if you want to scout potential signing Denis Zakaria yourself…