The Wembley meeting with Pep Guardiola’s side is now confirmed to be taking place on Saturday, April 16, with kickoff at 3.30pm (BST), live on BBC One in the UK.
With no direct train passage from the north-west to London that weekend, there have been mass calls to move the semi-final away from Wembley, but that has been resisted by the FA.
While Liverpool will host Benfica for the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final, City will travel to Atletico Madrid in their respective tie between their two domestic games against one another.
There are at least eight games across three competitions in the space of 28 days, and the potential for one more if they progress to the semi-finals of the Champions League.
If not, the midweek slot could be filled by the postponed trip to Villa to ensure that the Reds have a game every weekend and midweek throughout the entire month of April.
Liverpool FC fixtures in April
- Watford (H) – Saturday, April 2, 12.30pm
- Benfica (A) – Tuesday, April 5, 8pm
- Man City (A) – Sunday, April 10, 4.30pm
- Benfica (H) – Wednesday, April 13, 8pm
- Man City (N) – Saturday, April 16, 3.30pm
- Man United (H) – Tuesday, April 19, 8pm
- Everton (H) – Sunday, April 24, 4.30pm
- Potential CL Semi-final First Leg – April 26/27
- Newcastle (A) – Saturday, April 30, 12.30pm