Thursday saw claims of a January exit for Arthur quickly quashed, while speculation continues over Liverpool signing Jude Bellingham this summer.
No January exit for Arthur – but Bellingham “optimism”
As he continues his recovery from a long-term thigh injury, this week brought claims that Arthur‘s loan could be cut short.
Brazilian journalist Felippe Facincani described the situation as “very complicated” as Palmeiras explore the possibility of signing the 26-year-old from Juventus.
So much so, it seems, that it will not be happening – at least this month.
The midfielder will not be retained beyond the end of the season, though, with plans in motion to revamp Jurgen Klopp‘s midfield.
News #Bellingham: Liverpool bosses are still optimistic to sign him in summer. Talks took place but important to say: He hasn’t yet spoken personally to #Klopp so far. And there is no official offer. #LFC offers him the possibility to become the new Steven Gerrard. @SkySportDE ??????? pic.twitter.com/gQihoVzY7P
— Florian Plettenberg (@Plettigoal) January 19, 2023
Bellingham is the priority target, and Sky Germany’s Florian Plettenberg claimed on Thursday morning that the club are “still optimistic” they will secure a deal for the 19-year-old.
Plettenberg explained that “talks took place” but that the player “hasn’t yet spoken personally to Klopp,” with “no official offer” made.
“Liverpool offers him the possibility to become the new Steven Gerrard,” he added.
How much for Mbappe?!
- An enquiry for Kylian Mbappe in July saw Liverpool quoted a €400 million price tag…which goes some way to explain why he isn’t at Anfield
- The Deloitte Money League has revealed the club to have generated the third-highest revenue in world football in 2021/22, moving above Man United for the first time
- Stefan Bajcetic has offered Liverpool a solution to their upcoming squad issue in the Champions League
Latest Liverpool FC News
- Liverpool are “still chasing” Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo this month, apparently (Sky Sports)
- Preston manager Ryan Lowe “wouldn’t mind” bringing in Bajcetic on loan next season (BBC Radio 5 Live)
- Miri Taylor, a 22-year-old midfielder, is the fourth January signing for Liverpool FC Women (LFC)
Latest Premier League transfer talk
- Forest are working on a deal for Chris Wood, hoping to sign him on loan after injury to Taiwo Awoniyi (BBC Sport)
Video of the day & match of the night
The next Tyldesley and McCoist.