Liverpool are now preparing for their third pre-season friendly day, their fourth opponents overall, and it’s still a case of outs, not ins, with transfer work.
Xherdan Shaqiri for just €10m?!
Except, with injuries, age and Covid finances, it now appears the Reds will actually make a loss on him.
He has mostly been mentioned alongside a £15m or so price tag until now, but reports out of Germany suggest he has been told he can leave for only £8.5million, a big drop-off for the Reds’ income hopes.
A move to the Bundesliga has been mentioned too, but until now it’s Lazio who have been most heavily linked with our Swiss winger.
Reds rumours of the day
- Florian Neuhaus has been told Jurgen Klopp is an admirer, but it’s unlikely any move is made for the midfielder until 2022
- Kostas Tsimikas was wanted on loan by Napoli but the Serie A club say Liverpool told them he’d only be allowed to leave on a permanent deal this summer
- Adama Traore rumours are now usually boring, but this one is an all-time low: the Reds supposedly want to pay £30m, down 50% from last year’s price, but Wolves won’t sell for that much, we don’t have the finances and the player won’t move for a bench role. Talk about covering the bases for a non-existent story!
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Curtis Jones has been praised for his dramatic growth in the team but needs a final key ingredient, says Andy Robbo
- English football organisations have released new heading guidelines limiting what players and teams can do in training each week, as studies and protection against head injuries continue to be in the limelight
- And LFC have committed to feeding 9,000 people during the holidays as part of the ongoing push to help out the local social area
Latest Liverpool FC pre-season updates
Click the image link above for all the latest pre-season news as we prepare for Hertha Berlin.
Meanwhile, you can see what our last remaining players have been up to before they return to training with the club!
Latest transfer chat elsewhere
- Jules Kounde is on Chelsea’s summer signings list but they want to pay less than £68m for the defender
- Phil Jones might make the switch from Old Trafford irrelevance to David Moyes favourite, but West Ham only want to give him a pay as you play deal
Tweet of the day and match of the night
We will take it.
I see we are making predictions before the transfer window shuts and the teams can properly take shape.
So here is mine…
Liverpool will win the league this season.
I am taking no further questions at this time.
— Stephen Drennan (@babuyagu) July 28, 2021
Tonight’s late fixtures: Porto v Roma if you want some high-profile, Mourinho-derby, pre-season friendly action. Midtjylland vs Celtic if you want the latest installment of “Scottish Premiership’s European despair”.