Liverpool’s players are now starting to get back to work on the club scene with pre-season underway for the first few – though as usual it will be a staggered return for the squad.
Reds’ pre-season matches revealed
Finally we know the start of the Reds’ matches, just a few days before they’ll begin. Suitably, for a world which barely makes sense any more, nor do the first of our ‘fixtures’.
We will, in fact, play Wacker Innsbruck and Stuttgart in 30-minute mini fixtures behind closed doors for our first two encounters, with the games on the same day and with a short break in between.
Further matches against Mainz and Hertha Berlin will follow while the Reds are away in Austria.
Reds rumours of the day
- Marko Grujic is the first choice for Porto but they cannot afford the €15m fee until they make sales this summer and the Reds will sell to whoever comes first with the right offer
- Domenico Berardi is on Liverpool’s wish list for an attacking addition as the Italy forward will cost around half the amount of his Azzurri team-mate Federico Chiesa, making him about €40-50m
- Saul Niguez remains our midfield target and we’ve entered the race “very strongly” to sign him with a €40m offer, which has been rejected as Atletico Madrid want 50m
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Pre-season is officially underway for the Reds and here’s everything you can expect from Jurgen Klopp‘s squad
- Three of our first-choice defenders are back in action after sitting out varying lengths of time through injury
- Left-back Owen Beck has been given a new long-term contract as he looks to continue his progress toward first-team level
- And Jordan Henderson has commended the bravery of England’s penalty takers after defeat to Italy in the final of Euro 2020
Latest transfer chat elsewhere
- Kalidou Koulibaly is on Everton’s wanted list after Rafa Benitez encouraged the club to move for his old centre-back
- Renato Sanches is wanted by Barcelona, who can’t afford him, and Tottenham, who can but aren’t in the Champions League
- Ruben Neves is soon to be in talks with Arsenal over a move from Wolves, according to Portuguese reports
Tweet of the day
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) July 12, 2021
Nine months waiting for this sight!