With barely a breath taken, Liverpool are ready and preparing for another match – the Champions League group stage encounter with Porto.
Keita returns but squad to be cut
Liverpool had a massive training group of 25 players in action on Merseyside as they prepare to head to Portugal for Tuesday night’s game.
That boosts options in the middle of the park, where rotation may be required once more, while Neco Williams also joined the group.
Klopp talks Porto
- Past victories against our Portuguese opponents mean nothing this time around, insists the boss
- Training plans have been changed and will not be done as usual tomorrow, to keep Porto from knowing the chosen players and tactics
- Five keys from Klopp’s presser are right here for you as he spoke about Porto, team selections and more
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Porto boss Sergio Conceicao is confident he can see weaknesses in Liverpool’s line-up for Porto to exploit
- Thiago has been spotted on crutches, sparking fears he may be out injured for quite a while longer yet
- And three new players have been voted into Liverpool’s captains group, after Gini Wijnaldum‘s departure
Latest Premier League chat
- Premier League talks to hold an overseas game (again) have sparked a backlash from fans (again), oh whoever could have seen this coming, it’s inexplicable…
- Matthijs de Ligt is on Chelsea‘s wanted list for €120m in the summer. When will everybody just openly come out and admit they want their own Van Dijk?
- Mikel Arteta could be “the next Arsene Wenger”, says Gael Clichy, by which we assume he’ll be ridiculed and chased out of the club by the actual Arsenal fans when they see something shinier and more exciting over the horizon
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Just wondering if you can carry off a puffy jacket in undesirable weather as well as Jurgen Norbert can?
The rainfall, the khaki jacket, the stance ?
Jurgen Klopp is giving us aesthetic ? pic.twitter.com/i6HTFmOHpt
— Goal (@goal) September 27, 2021
Tonight you get to argue about whether Palace vs Brighton is a derby or not, and tomorrow you get to go back to not caring.