Liverpool’s fixture schedule is relentless right now through until the new year, but before Wolves we’ve got derby victory reaction and an interesting transfer rumour.
Gomez and Keita back in training ahead of Wolves
A huge boost for Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp, ahead of two more games in the space of a few days: Joe Gomez and Naby Keita are back in action at Melw…Kirkby. Still not totally used to that.
The centre-back might not be expected to feature for a while yet, given how long he has been out for, but it’s feasible that Keita – who has missed the last six – could be included in the squad which travels to AC Milan next midweek.
Naby Keita and Joe Gomez both back in training for #LFC today. pic.twitter.com/SB9mhrORpJ
— Jack Lusby (@LusbyJack) December 2, 2021
Klopp’s options for that game might be again limited in the centre otherwise, with James Milner suspended and presumably at least one of last night’s starting trio not likely to play against all three of Everton, Wolves and Milan.
There’s less pressure on Gomez to return, but having an extra pair of bodies back for the busy December run could prove very handy indeed.
The future, near and far
- Jonathan David is back on the potential list of signings – and maybe as soon as January, L’Equipe report, with the Reds among a group of teams hoping to take advantage of a rift between the forward’s agent and Lille
- The Anfield Road End has started its makeover! Steelwork and cranes are on site as the latest expansion plan truly gets underway at our magnificent and massive stadium
- Claudio Taffarel joined in training today for Liverpool as the new goalkeeper coach got to work with Karius, Kelleher and Harvey Davies
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Mo Salah had a wry chuckle and a “no comment” when asked about finishing seventh in the Ballon d’Or rankings, which pretty much said it all
- Jurgen Klopp says the massive wins over rivals Man United and Everton have to now be the benchmark for how the Reds perform and get results in these games
- And Reds fans all noticed the same thing about Mo’s second against the Toffees – and you can watch all four of our goals right here!
Latest Premier League chat
- Cesar Azpilicueta is wanted by Barcelona on a free, because they’re scabby mongrels who can’t pay any money to anyone these days after years of behaving like inept morons
- Ralf Rangnick will be given £100m to strengthen Man United in January and we love the idea that a six-month appointment will be given this type of licence to overhaul the club for half a season. Do it, then appoint someone who doesn’t want them – perfect United behaviour
- James Tarkowski and Jesse Lingard are on West Ham‘s winter wishlist to keep their top-four bid going while the other ‘big’ sides flounder about like beached whales
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Mo back on your screens, but a bit different.
Salah’s new Pepsi ad?? pic.twitter.com/HPlcu6Jd9o
— Sofia (@Sofia40069288) December 2, 2021
Tonight’s late game is Man United vs Arsenal, which should look a bit like watching Evander Holyfield stumble about a couple of months back: used to be great, now merely an irrelevant relic living off their past.