Two rumours – any truth at all?!
Ok so the first one is a somewhat-repeated link over the last few months, but never has it ever really appeared likely.
Frenkie De Jong was on Liverpool’s radar and we were apparently prepared to pay big cash for him in the summer – as were Bayern Munich – but he has now decided to stay at Barcelona under Xavi, Sport report.
He’s a talented young Dutch forward with Club Brugge, but he plays mostly on the left side of the forward line. Milan have apparently backed out because the Reds are so keen – but does it seem likely we’d splash out again after a mid-season arrival in the same role?!
Reds are off to Turf Moor
- Sadio Mane is back with the Liverpool squad and set to return with the Reds against Burnley this weekend
- Jordan Henderson is also back from a minor injury, meaning the Reds have every single player in the squad available for selection! Such an unusual scenario for the Reds
- Jurgen Klopp has given his usual pre-match press conference and we’ve picked out four key points from it as usual, including on how to approach a game with the Clarets
Latest Liverpool FC news
- The boss says Luis Diaz had one of the “best first games” for a new arrival after his excellent showing against Leicester in midweek
- Youngster Bobby Clark has signed his first pro deal with the Reds, after signing from Newcastle on youth terms in August
- And the magnificent link-up between Fabinho and Thiago has Liverpool fans heralding the “priceless” midfield duo
Latest Premier League chat
- Pep Guardiola has set his Man City team the target of 95 points for the title this year, but perhaps that might just be a little over the top – we can win 45 more points this term…we need 44 to hit 95.
- Youri Tielemans is available for a reduced price of £35m instead of £60m this summer – apparently £25m was the cost of Rodgers subbing him, criticising him and dropping him in this past week. Expensive management, that
- Mikel Arteta says qualifying for the Champions League is “crucial” to keep Bukayo Saka at the club, so we suggest Julian Ward starts warming up his fax machine now because they’re not getting it
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Let’s go play a pre-season game at the Stade Sadio Mane!
Sadio Mane will have a stadium named after him in his home city of Sedhiou after winning Afcon for Senegal ?? pic.twitter.com/4yaG5bOtGa
— GOAL (@goal) February 11, 2022