Liverpool just about did enough to get through to the last eight in Europe on Tuesday – today we’ve got reaction there, transfer rumours and the rest of the news.
Adeyemi still on Reds’ radar
The latest transfer rumours from Sky Germany say Liverpool are one of the teams very much still keen on RB Salzburg striker Karim Adeyemi.
RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund are both said to remain very keen, but it’s the Reds who apparently wouldn’t see the figure as prohibitive.
Many of these dominoes all depend on Erling Haaland’s eventual move though, with the striker expected to leave the Bundesliga this summer.
Upcoming game or theme
- Champions League progress into the last eight means Liverpool have earned more than £62m during this season’s European adventure, with the prospect of more to come
- Trent Alexander-Arnold is loving the fact that all our cup knockouts mean it feels like a final almost every time we take to the pitch at present
- Simone Inzaghi is feeling a little bitter after Inter’s exit though – and the Reds’ fans weren’t much better than that with their feelings towards the game’s referee
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Virgil van Dijk has acknowledged the Reds weren’t at their best in the second leg, but served a reminder that even the best teams lose the odd game – and we don’t lose many at all
- Three magnificent LFC supporters have driven all the way to the border of Ukraine to help refugees with supplies as they try to escape a warzone
- And Neco Williams scored his first two goals for Fulham last night including an absolute howitzer from long range
Latest Premier League chat
- Antonio Rudiger hasn’t had his head turned by the glitz of Madrid or the might of Manchester, nope, it’s the new money of Newcastle which will snare him
- Serge Gnabry is on Arsenal‘s summer wishlist for over £60m, just a few short years after they made the tremendous decision to loan him to West Brom and sell him for £4m, good work
- Harry Kane says he’ll stay at Spurs if they get top four and Conte stays as boss; presumably he also took to Instagram to swear on his kid’s life again like last time he made a promise which definitely wasn’t possible to keep…top lad
Tweet of the day and match of the night
He’s our centre-half, he’s our No4, he’s every f****** bit as good as before.
Don’t think enough is said about how Van Dijk suffered an ACL injury & yet returned like he’s never been away. Maintains the presence, pace and ridiculous ability to make everything look easy and effortless.
— Leanne Prescott (@_lfcleanne) March 8, 2022
Tonight’s late match is definitely Real Madrid vs PSG!