Friday brought the sun out and the buildup to Nottingham Forest, but it also saw a frustrating setback for Trent Alexander-Arnold. Here’s all the Liverpool news.
When could Trent return from injury?
In his pre-Forest press conference on Friday morning, Jurgen Klopp revealed that Alexander-Arnold had suffered a hamstring injury and he was facing a layoff of weeks.
The right-back has pulled out of the England squad to play Switzerland and the Ivory Coast, but his return date is as yet unconfirmed.
While the Press Association’s Carl Markham speculated that Alexander-Arnold could miss much of the April fixture list, the Times‘ Paul Joyce reports that he has pencilled in a much earlier comeback.
“[He] is targeting the Premier League title showdown with Manchester City on April 10 for his comeback,” Joyce writes.
Alexander-Arnold would therefore miss the Forest clash along with the visit of Watford (April 2) and the trip to Benfica (April 5), before making his comeback in a pivotal tie.
- Alisson will start against Forest – in a change of plan in the cups
- Mo Salah is a doubt, however, along with James Milner and Kostas Tsimikas
- Diogo Jota, meanwhile, has backed Liverpool to “win those titles” still up for grabs
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Benfica are to be the opposition in the Champions League quarter-finals
- Harvey Elliott is among 10 Liverpool youngsters called up by England
- Steven Gerrard will be back at Anfield this month to play for the LFC Legends
Latest Premier League chat
- Stuart Attwell has come in for more criticism for his role in Everton midfielder Allan’s red card on Thursday night
- Aurelien Tchouameni, also linked with Liverpool, has emerged as a possible target for Man City (Telegraph)
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Awful scenes at Goodison as police take a supporter back to his seat pic.twitter.com/ILvE5K2HM0
— J (@64_bit20) March 17, 2022
Wolves vs. Leeds is tonight’s Premier League offering at 8pm, while Liverpool loanee Jake Cain could be in action as Newport County host Hartlepool at 7.45pm