Tuesday brought news of reported interest in an injured midfielder, international updates and some words from our new vice-skipper.
Thiago ‘on the table’ for Barcelona
With the midfielder yet to feature for the Reds this season, an extension to Thiago‘s contract is increasingly unlikely.
The 32-year-old’s deal is set to expire in the summer as he continues to struggle with a hip problem that has kept him out since April.
He will leave Anfield on a free transfer at the end of this season should an agreement not be reached to extend his stay at the club.
It would be sad to see him go, but his ongoing fitness issues have become frustrating for all concerned.
3 things today: Gravenberch ‘signal’ & Diaz hurt
- The decision to omit Ryan Gravenberch from the Netherlands U21 squad has been described as a “signal” by manager Michael Reiziger
- An injury is said to have hampered a potential loan move for Luke Chambers this summer, with Xabi Alonso’s Bayer Leverkusen among the interested parties
- Luis Diaz has admitted the VAR controversy at Tottenham “hit him very hard” but that “referees are human” following the mistake that led to his disallowed goal
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Trent Alexander-Arnold has revealed the words used by Jurgen Klopp when he informed him he was to become vice-captain in the club’s We Are Liverpool podcast
- Ex-Red Albert Riera is set to take over as Bordeaux manager, leaving his current side Celje and the top of the Slovenian league
- Liverpool had to fend off interest from “every top club” to secure the signing of 16-year-old Trey Nyoni from Leicester
Latest chat from elsewhere
- Eden Hazard has announced his retirement from football aged 32, surely no one still mentions him in the same breath as Mo Salah? (Sky Sports)
- Wayne Rooney is set to become the next Birmingham manager following the sacking of John Eustace (Birmingham Mail)
- Bramley Moore has been named among the host venues for Euro 2028, a chance for Everton‘s home ground to witness some high-level football for a change! (BBC)
Video of the day
Liverpool’s defensive midfield position has been a hot topic among supporters in recent weeks and the potential solutions were discussed on our latest Live at 5 show!