Liverpool are now just days after from their next fixture, while speculation continues over two players who certainly will not be involved in the clash with Blackpool.
The Daily Thiago
It wouldn’t be right to go a day without talk of Thiago in this transfer window, and Wednesday brings another update to this saga.
BILD‘s Tobi Altschaffl has relayed word from Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick, who believes that the midfielder’s “decision has been made” with regards his future.
Mixed messages over Gini to Barca
Early on Wednesday morning, Catalan newspaper Sport claimed that talks over Barcelona signing Wijnaldum were “well advanced,” with the midfielder having agreed a three-year deal with the Spanish club.
But later in the day, Dutch publication De Telegraaf reinforced Sport‘s claim, with corroboration from Wijnaldum’s native Netherlands adding credibility.
De Telegraaf added, however, that clubs in the Premier League, Serie A and the Bundesliga were also interested.
Though it should still be taken with a pinch of salt, reading between the lines—as has been the case with German outlets being the predominant drivers of the Thiago rumours—suggests a move to Barcelona is on the cards, but Liverpool are eager to keep it under wraps.
Friendlies, injuries and transfers
- Liverpool have confirmed their final pre-season friendly vs. Blackpool
- Trent Alexander-Arnold and Harry Wilson are both back in training after injury
- Nat Phillips is due to leave, with Bristol City among the clubs interested
- England have unveiled their new ‘keeper kit – exactly the same as Liverpool’s
Quickfire LFC news
- Robbo is relishing the competition from new left-back Tsimikas (TIA)
- John Barnes believes Wijnaldum is “replaceable” as he nears the exit (Goal)
- Liverpool are interested in Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare (Le10 Sport)
Around the Prem
- Atalanta full-back Timothy Castagne has passed a medical at Leicester (Sky)
Tweet of the day
??¡¡VUELVE TU SERIE FAVORITA!!??
? @Thiago6 & Rodri
— Selección Española de Fútbol (@SeFutbol) September 1, 2020
Worth watching tonight
Two pre-season friendlies stand out if you’re able to locate a stream, with Villarreal vs. Real Sociedad kicking off at 6pm (BST) and Benfica vs. Braga an hour later at 7pm (BST).